10 August, 2010

Three and a Half Hours, Some Anti-Anxiety Pills and a Sedative That Could Knock Out an Elephant Later...

It never ceases to amaze me how inconsiderate people are. I have been observing and analysing this sort of behaviour my entire life and been a victim of it more times than I can even count. I really should be used to it by now, but it still sends me into a bad space every single time.


It may be "just a game" or "just a joke" coupled with the anonymity of the internet, but you really have no idea what the person on the other side of the monitor whom you are harassing has been through and in World of Warcraft, players can't properly communicate with anyone across factions so I couldn't even explain it to them if I wanted to.

I did consider creating a horde character afterwards just to tell them what immature assholes they were to and emotionally disabled person who has been the victim of rape and domestic violence, but I have learned (hell has frozen over) not to expose myself to even more abuse by opening up that way to people who were being inconsiderate in the first place and probably would have gotten even more of a kick out of the fact that they really got to me.

Having been the abuse victim of someone who lived for reactions in my last non-online relationship, I've learned to keep my trap shut. It just really pisses me off that people are like that and that they have to kick other people down in order to feel good about themselves. All three of them were probably laughing about how they chased me away, not even knowing what assholes they really were for harassing a rape victim... not that they would care anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment